Friday 5 October 2018

What every carpenter and joiner needs to learn the hard way.


Why do accident happen?
What every carpenter and joiner needs to know about avoiding accidents.
How did this accident happen?
What tips would you offer to help others worried about a similar fate?

  1st)  I would try to realise the truth about working in an environment where accidents can happen in an instant.
  2nd)  I would try to figure out, if what I'm about to do, can be done in a less strained safer way.
  3rd)  I would consider if I'm rushing this at all.
  4th)  Next I would figure out a way to remove my hands and use a clamp instead!

ps How did this happen anyway?  Well I was holding a small piece of wood on a bench and placed the saw pointing down with the teeth of the blade facing inwards. The piece was so tiny and yet I persisted in trying to saw it, and because of impatience and backache and a desire to hurry the whole procedure, instead of sitting up and giving myself and chance to rest and try again or make it safe, I instead just went right ahead and quickly just pushed the saw, but the piece of wood, was to easy to cut, but by this time I was committed and leaning over thus was needing to correct myself a little before the saw had finished its manoeuvre. This resulted in just a little touch from the teeth onto my flesh! The rest they say was history.

No comments:

Post a Comment